Tell us your stories
Wage theft is running rampant. Bosses all over the country are paying their workers less than their legal rate, and pocketing the difference.
A Senate inquiry in 2020 will examine how to end this scourge. Tell us your story so we might use it in our submission to the Inquiry. Help us stop wage theft!
We need your help! If you are or have been a victim of wage theft please tell us your story through our confidential and safe form. Do any of these apply to you:
- Being paid less than the wage you are entitled to;
- Not receiving superannuation payments you are entitled to;
- Employers failing to provide you with a proper payslip showing superannuation and tax;
- Employers requesting you get an Australian Business Number (ABN) to work for them as an “independent contractor” when you should be paid a wage;
- A boss asking you to pay back some of your wages;
- You are entitled to penalty rates but they are not being paid; and
- Being asked to consistently undertake work tasks that should be performed by a worker on a higher classification.
All these can be signs that your boss is underpaying you, or failing to pay your legal entitlements. Let us know!
Right now we have a federal LNP Government that wants to turn a blind eye to the billions stolen from workers every year.
Australians have been shocked about the stories of multinationals like Woolworths, 7-Eleven and Caltex, big banks, as well as high profile restaurant chains and their owners, being exposed over wage theft involving millions of dollars!
The federal government has been forced to follow Queensland’s lead and will hold a national senate inquiry into wage theft.
This inquiry will consider what we already know about the extent of wage theft, and consider how to take real action to stamp out this scourge.
Research shows that wage theft is especially prevalent for workers already receiving the minimum wage – that’s just $19.49 per hour for full-time or part-time permanent workers, or $24.36 per hour for casual workers. These workers are already our lowest paid and then face being ripped off by greedy bosses!
Let’s end the wage theft epidemic!